Monday, September 1, 2008

A Great Day With Great Friends!

Our dear friends, Justin, Melissa, Millie, and Maddie are moving to Atlanta, GA on Sept. 15th. We are sad but are excited for them as they start their lives there. We went swimming at the Pratt Aquatic Center. We saw lots of our friends there. My camera batteries were dead, but I managed to get some pics on my phone. PhotobucketIt was James' second time in a pool, but the first where he was old enough to really play in the water. PhotobucketPhotobucket Alexis and Payton had a good time on the tubes we rented. PhotobucketJames and I spent most of the time in the baby pool with our friends. Photobucket Photobucket He ended up falling asleep in the water.

We also went to Melissa and Justin's for a BBQ today. We did a potluck and it was great to see everyone. Before we left, Melissa let us pick a bunch of yummy grapes off her vines. Photobucket Payton LOVES them. Photobucket

Melissa also gave me some great canning stuff. I am so excited because I have been wanting to start canning for quite awhile. I think I am going to start with peaches so be watching for an update on my canning adventures. Also, today Tim and I decided to scratch my idea to make little jars of apple butter for wedding favors at our reception. I think we are going to go with little loaves of mini banana bread wrapped in saran wrap, tulle, and ribbon, with little tags with our names and date. I will start those soon and freeze them in my grandma's freezer.

On the job front, Tim is still in Chicago. He starts his new job tomorrow and we are very excited about it. It is such a great opportunity for him and for our family and we feel so blessed to have it.

1 comment:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

The apple butter would have been really yummy. But I think the bananna bread will be much more managable to make that many. You can still try the apple butter and mail me some. :)Canned stuff mails really well. :) We are really going to miss you guys.