Thursday, September 4, 2008

Meetings, appts, and Mommy's Night Out

Last night was our monthly Angels/Divas SP meeting. We usually meet on the first Monday of every month, but this Monday was Labor Day, so we had it on Tuesday. Alishia and I conduct this monthly meeting. Photobucket This month's meeting was poker night themed. We played Blackjack at he door, and our committee did a fabulous job with prizes, food, and fun. Alishia talked about attitude and I talked about goal setting. The girls had a great time!Photobucket

I had a dr. appt this morning. I had a culposcopy done last week and I met with my dr. to get my results. I have severe dysplasia in my cervical canal, and because of some other complications, I am having a hysterctomy, October 1st. I have mixed emotions about this. The plus side, no more periods! Woohoo! Plus, it means two more months of staying home with my kiddos. I will go back to work on Dec. 1st instead of Oct. 6th. The negatives are of course it is major surgery. I will be in the hospital for 2-3 days. Since I am exclusively nursing baby James, I am going to have to diligently pump for the next month to build up a supply for him. St. Marks is letting me have the baby stay overnight with me so I can still nurse him. I am glad I do not have to be seperated from him :)

Tonight was our monthly Mommy's Night Out, which I always look forward to. This month's was mixed emotions as it was also Melissa's going away party :( I am really going to miss her. We had such a great day together today, shopping for flowers for my wedding, and she took me to my Dr's appt and we went to Cafe Rio for lunch. MNO was at my house again this month. We had a potato bar and all sat and talked and enjoyed each other's company. We had five nursing babies here tonight :) It was awesome! Oh, and James has been asleep for 4.5 hours so far (this is the longest he has slept ever without waking to eat )

No comments: