Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oh my goodness, I have some major updating to do!

I have been meaning to get to this for two weeks, but life has been unbelievably crazy around here. So much to tell, some very exciting, some unbelievably sad. But, all extremely important in my little life. I am going to try to go back as far as I can and get you all updated. This may take several posts. Two weeks ago, some of the girls from my downline and I got together to make dreams boards. It was just such an enlightening experience for me to let go a little bit of my goals, and to actually dream. I had small things and big things on there. Material and non material, but all importnast to me inb some small aspect. My sitter brought James to me to nurse and he fell aseep on the shoulder of one of the girls in my downline. Photobucket He was so comfy. I was able to spend some time with some of the girls and really get to chat with them. It was great. Thanks girls.

I finally got my two dozen prefolds in the mail that I ordered quite awhile ago. I got them prepped and thw two older kids and I took on the job of dying them pretty colors. I was in charge of orange, Alexis did black, and Payton did blue. James slept in his swing nearby LOL. Here is our finished poroduct in bad light. I swear I am getting a new cam for my birthday, and my pics will get better. Im so mad I broke mine in Bryce Canyon. Photobucket. When we were done, we all took off our gloves, and poor little Lex's hands were dark black. Photobucket. We scrubbed and soaked for hours. I finally had to mix a little bleach and water to get them decent enough to go to school. We had a blast dying them though ;)

I got all of my banana bread done. My mom, and Jessica and I spent all day last Wednesday making 60 meals, (30 for my family and 30 for Jessica's) It took us about 12 hours burt was very rewarding when we finished. Heres what 60 meals look like crammed into a freezer LOL. Photobucket Jon (my brother) and i are going to get my new deep freeze tomorrow. I am so excited to get it. Oh, I also froze 15 bags of corn last week as well. I never made it to peaches or tomoatoes but worse things have happened. So many other things have happened the last two weeks, but they all deserve their own posts, so I'll keep blogging away.

2 comments:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Holy cow woman, that is amazing. And those black hands. Poor girl.

Unknown said...

Okay, so I know you're a little busy right now - being just out of surgery. :) But after you heal and after the wedding and after things settle down I would like your recipe for banana bread along with what you did for freezer meals. It's such a good idea!! Good job girl! I love ya!