Sunday, September 7, 2008

Preparation and Procrastinatron

Knowing a month in advance of my upcoming hysterectomy allows me a few weeks to prepare for the time I will be down. The baby and I are flying to Reno for three days in two weeks for Summit for the ACS Relay for Life training. Four days after we get back, we leave for Chicago to go see Tim! Wahoo! Two days after I get home, I go in for surgery. Six weeks after y surgery is my wedding. So, until I leave for Reno, I will be busy getting everything ready for my down time. There are a few things I want to accomplish before then.

1. Make 200 mini loaves of banana bread. I finally figured out the recipe and the right amt today. Here is the finished bread. PhotobucketPhotobucket
I made 80 mini loaves today, 120 to go :) Photobucket

2. Pump approx. 150 oz or about 30-5oz bottles of breastmilk to have for James when I am under anesthia and on drugs. This has been difficult since this is in addition to the amount that I am nursing him. I am averaging about 2-4oz bottle a days. I have 20 oz. so far.

3. Make 30 freezer meals, so my family doesn't starve while I am down. I am preparing to do this, selecting my recipes. I want to have my complete menu and shopping list ready when I leave for Reno. I will be shopping the morning after I get back from Chicago and spend the next day cooking all 30 meals.

4. Can peaches and tomatoes and freeze corn and green peppers. This is at the minimum. I would like to do at least these four things this year, and then branch out to more veggies/fruits next year.

5. Do as much wedding stuff as I can. I went shopping for my flowers last week with Melissa. I really wanted her to do my flowers and since she is moving to Atlanta, we decided to do silk instead of fresh. She finished them up today and brought them over. Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera broke. My bouquet:
Photobucket
Nat's bouquet:
Photobucket
Throw bouquet:
Photobucket
Alexis' corsage is on the left. It is a wristlet. The one on the right is what my mom's, and both my grandma's look like.
Photobucket
Boutonierre(sp?): Tims, the middle is what ric's, my dad's, my grandpa's, and Payton's all look like. The tiny one on the right is for little James.
Photobucket

So, now that I have made myself look all prepared, let me show you my procrastination today. On Thursday, Payton's teacher sent a note home stating that Payton is going to be the start of the week next week and to send some items to hang on the wall for several different categories. I remembered this at about 5:30 pm today. So, here are a few of what I put together.

My Family:Photobucket
My Favorite Place:
Photobucket
My Favorite Book:
Photobucket
My Favorite Toy:
Photobucket

And since our day would not be complete without a picture of James, here is one Payton took.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Dang Angie, you have a lot on your plate. Hang in there, hon.

What are you doing with all the banana bread?

Shannon said...

busy busy lady! If you need help with any of it let me know!

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

You are awesome lady. BTW, where is my blog link;)

Anonymous said...

That weekly recognition is kinda cool~ The pages look great and your flowers are beautiful

Anonymous said...

Angie, I sent you a message at Amitys but wanted to comment here in case you don't check in there. I'll be in town tomorrow so if you can meet for lunch that'd be awesome. I PMed you my number.

Martin Family said...

Wow... You are one busy woman! Goo luck with everything! Your little guy is adorable... and I think I was the first one to see him!!! :)

-Heather